LBC offers a number of opportunities for growth and service to our ladies. The women meet at the chapel every Thursday for prayer, and for Bible study and fellowship during the school year. There are also evening Bible studies. Current studies and times are listed below. Special activities occur throughout the year including a retreat at Camp Elim, craft night, baby and wedding showers.
Fall Bible Studies:
Theme Verse for this year: “So that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He” Isaiah 43:10b
Wednesday Evening Precepts,
6:30-8 pm during AWANA, September 11th
2 Peter: How to be Kept from Falling
This study will help women learn to be more discerning in identifying false teaching and using.the truths of God’s Word to counteract falsehoods. Teacher: Dianne Moyer
Thursday mornings, 9:00-11:15 am September 5th – November 21st
Children’s Programming & Nursery care available
Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Hubbard
This study encourages and equips moms to reach past the behavior of their children and dive into the heart issues, helping moms move from the frustrations of managing disobedience into a confident, well-balanced approach to raising children.
Life Principles for Following Christ by Rich Shepherd
This study looks at Christ in both the Old and New Testament, showing how scripture unveils, a picture of God Himself, revealing His holiness, His love, His power, and His awesome plans and purposes for man.
Thursday evenings, 7:00-8:30 pm begins September 5th
Isaiah by Drew Hunter
Isaiah’s prophecy, alternates between promises of judgement and restoration, reminding God’s people of the magnitude of humanity’s sin, the judgement that we all deserve, and how God displays His glory by saving sinners. . Teacher: Phyllis Koenig
Check out the details for this year’s Women’s Conference here.
Watch bulletin for more details
Women’s Retreat at Camp Elim: TBA
Women’s Prayer Group:
Thursday mornings: 8-9AM at LBC
Come any Thursday you are available
Areas of Ministry:
- Children’s programming and/or nursery: Assist with nursery care or children’s Bible lesson activities on Sun am, Wed pm and Thur am
- Creative Home Nights: Volunteer to teach a craft, skill or topic in a small group setting
- Posters & Flyers: Volunteer to assist with advertising events by making posters, brochures and decorating our bulletin board.
- Events: Assist in planning, organizing and/or preparing for events through Women’s Ministries
- Bridal & Baby Showers: Volunteers are needed to assist in the planning & preparation, Marilee, 303-770-5469
- Meals: Assist in preparing a meal for a family during their time of need, Contact Amanda, 303-548-0697 or Lea, 303-550-1002
- Food for Memorial Services: Assist in preparing a meal at LBC or providing cookies, Contact Cindy Harrison,303-798-1030
- Kitchen Clean-Up: Help with deep cleaning periodically
- Visitation: Visit sick, hospitalized or homebound, Contact Gina Barr, 303-842-6694
- Mentoring: Available if you are seeking spiritual or practical counsel with an older woman
- Gardening: Assist with the upkeep of the flowers and landscaping, Contact Sheryl Hazouri, 303-781-6614
- Camp Elim Women’s Retreat Committee: Review program, Plan Break-out sessions, Music & Decorations
Contact Sue Grounds for more information: 303.483.5545