- Men’s Ministry: There will be a chili cook-off on Saturday, November 2nd, at 5:30pm.
- Childcare will be provided up to 12 years old. Dinner will be provided for the children. Please RSVP to Jon Newcome at 303-332-9812
- Daylight Savings Time: Ends on November 3th! Plan to set your clocks BACK next Saturday evening!
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found on the bulletin board in the fellowship hall. We will meet on Sunday, November 17th, at 6:30pm.
- The LBC Counseling Ministry: Will be hosting a class on Sunday, November 10th, 6:00-7:30pm. The topic will be helping Christians know how to relate to people in the LBGTQ community. The class will be taught by Dave Anderson along with a panel discussion with people who have personal experience with this issue. You won’t want to miss this very relevant class as we all seek to love those in the LGBTQ community.
- Thanksgiving Eve: November 28th from 6:30pm-7:30pm, with fellowship until 8:00pm. Please bring a dessert to share. Babysitting provided for kids 2yrs and under during the service only.
- Volunteers Needed: Volunteers are needed for snow shoveling the sidewalks. If you can help, please contact the office.
The Lord’s Supper Service:
Next Week Theme: Hs is the Vine, we Are the Branches
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Come Christians Join to Sing”
Song: “The Power of the Cross”
Scripture Reading: Hosea 3:1-5
Song: “Hallelujah What a Savior”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Gave His Life as a Ransom for Many” Matthew 20:28
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
But Who Do You Say That I Am? / Mark 8:22-30/ David Anderson
The Healing of a Blind Man (8:22-26)
Peter’s Confession (8:27-30; Matthew 16:13-20)
- Genuine believers do not view Jesus as merely a good prophet or moral teacher.
- Genuine believers confess Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
- Genuine believers are made believers by the Father in Heaven.
- Genuine believers are part of the Church that prevails.