- The LBC Counseling Ministry: Will be hosting a class on Sunday, November 10th, 6:00-7:30pm. The topic will be helping Christians know how to relate to people in the LBGTQ community.
- Women’s Ministry Craft Event; There will be a Christmas Craft event for the ladies and an ornament making party for the kids on Saturday, November 16th, from 1:00-3:00pm. Please sign up in the foyer today.
- The New People’s Class; Sunday, November 17th, at 9:00am, in the fireside area. The class will give a summary of our beliefs, distinctives, and ministries. A light breakfast will be served.
- Prayer for Nation & Community; Sunday, November 17th, 8:00 – 8:45am, in the cry room.
- Operation Christmas Child; Shoeboxes are available for pick-up in the foyer today and next Sunday. Please return your filled boxes on Sunday, November 17th.
- Baby Shower: Ladies, you are invited to a Baby Shower for Deborah Westwood and her baby girl, on November 18th, at 7:00pm. She is registered at Target and Amazon.
- Thanksgiving Eve: November 27th from 6:30-7:30pm, with fellowship until 8:00pm. Please bring a dessert to share. Babysitting provided for kids 2yrs and under during the service only.
The Lord’s Supper Service:
Next Week Theme: ” Everyone Who Calls on the Name of the Lord Will be Saved” Acts 2:38
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Living Hope”
Song: “Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 91
Song: “He Will Hold Me Fast”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Is the Vine; We Are the Branches” John 15:5
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Good and Gracious King”
“The Son of Man Must Suffer Many Things…” (Mark 8:31-38) David Anderson
The Way to the Cross (8:31-33)
- Christianity without the cross is actually Satanic.
- Getting the Gospel wrong is the worst mistake we can make
- Jesus is resolute about going to the cross.
The Way of the Cross (8:34-38)
- Taking up your cross is a willingness to do what Jesus asks of you.
- Taking up your cross includes putting the Lord’s things first.
- Taking up your cross involves confronting the things that consume you, so you can put the Lord first.