- Thanksgiving Eve: November 27th, from 6:30-7:30pm, with fellowship until 8:00pm. Please bring a dessert to share. Babysitting provided for kids 2yrs and under during the service only.
- Bold Reflections Concert: Mark your calendar for December 15th, from 6:00-7:00pm, followed by a time of fellowship and snacks.
- Women’s Ministry: There will be tree trimming and holiday cookies for the kids from 10:30am to 12:00pm and jam- making for the ladies from 10:00am to 1:00pm, on Saturday, November 30th.
- Baptism: There will be a baptism in the coming weeks. If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus who has not been baptized but would like to be, please contact the elders.
- Financial Peace: LBC will be offering the 9-week Financial Peace course, starting Wednesday, January 15th from 6:00-7:30pm. The cost of the course is $99.00. Please contact the office if you are interested.
- Perspectives: Starting January 16th, a course on the world Christian movement, will be held on Thursday nights at 6:00pm. To sign up or for more information go to perspectives.org. Childcare will be available upon request.
The Lord’s Supper Service
Next Week’s Theme: “In Him, there is now No Condemnation” Romans 8:1
Praising God for Christ
Song: “At the Cross”
Song: “Once Again”
Scripture Reading: Exodus 15:1-21
Song: “The Power of The Cross”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “The Cross of Christ – The Power of God for Those Being Saved” 1 Corinthians 1:18
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “The Old Rugged Cross”
“Lessons to Prepare the Disciples for the Future” Mark 9:30-41 Alex Strauch
Introduction to the Time and Place (9:30-31a)
Lesson One: Jesus Must Die and Rise from the Dead (9:31b-32)
Lesson Two: The Leader Must be a Humble Servant of All (9:33-37)
- The Illustration of the Child (9:36-37)
- God’s Leaders Are to be Radically Different from the Rulers of this World
- The Strong Man vs. Humble Servant Leadership
Lesson Three: Expanding the Inner Circle of Fellowship (9:38-41)