- LBC Choir: Practice resumes Thursday, December 5th. If you haven’t been in choir and, but are interested, join us in the East Auditorium at 7:00pm.
- Wedding Shower: Ladies, you are invited to a Wedding Shower for Olivia Segal, on Tuesday, December 10th, at 7:00pm. Amazon gift cards would be appreciated. You may also donate to a money tree.
- Camp Elim: Membership sign-up forms are available in the foyer. Forms must be returned to Camp Elim by December 10th.
- Lakewood Bible Chapel: Is having a children’s winter clothing drive on Saturday, December 14th. Hats, gloves, scarves, snowsuits, sweaters will be collected. Please drop off your donations by December 8th in the Sunday School office. Please contact Matt Bowen if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bold Reflections Concert: December 15th, from 6:00-7:00pm, followed by a time of fellowship and snacks.
- Financial Peace: LBC will be offering the 9-week Financial Peace course, starting Wednesday, January 15th, from 6:00-7:30pm. The cost of the course is $99.00. Please contact the office if you are interested.
- Perspectives: Starting January 16th, a course on the world Christian movement, will be held on Thursday nights at 6:00pm. To sign up or for more information go to perspectives.org. Childcare will be available upon request.
The Lord’s Supper Service
Next Week’s Theme: “ We Are Saved by Grace” Ephesians 2:8
Praising God for Christ
Song: “What Child Is This”
Song: “There Is a Fountain”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 32
Song: “His Mercy Is More”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “In Him, There Is Now No Condemnation” Romans 8:1
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Joy To the World”
“Five Lessons in Discipleship” Mark 9:38-50 David Anderson | December 1, 2019
Discipleship Lesson #1: Beware of Exclusivism (9:38)
Discipleship Lesson #2: The Cup of Cold Water Principle (9:41)
Discipleship Lesson #3: Don’t Cause Other Disciples to Stumble (9:42)
- We need to be thoughtful how we live.
- False teaching is a big deal.
Discipleship Lesson #4: Get Radical When Dealing with Your Sin (9:43-48)
- Get radical with sin.
- Soak int he Gospel of Grace.
- Don’t use your body for sin…use your body for God and for righteousness (Romans 6:13)
Discipleship Lesson #5: Stay Salty (9:49-50)