- LBC Choir and prospective choir members: There will be a potluck lunch on Sunday, October 13 after second service for members and their families. The lunch main dish will be supplied, but members are asked to bring a salad, side, or dessert that serves 6-8 people. There is also an option to supply $5.00 toward the main dish. Please see Christine Good or email email@example.com to sign up (we do need a count for the main dish preparation). The goal of this time is to welcome new members, encourage prospective members, and meet one another without a piece of music to learn.
- Discipleship Class: If you are interested in learning about what discipleship is, how to disciple others, or if you would like to be discipled yourself. Plan on attending this class on October 13th, at 6:00 pm. If possible, read “Discipling” by Mark Dever before the class.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: Sunday, October 20th, 8:00am – 8:45am in the cry room.
- Michael & Carol: Come join us for a “Send-off Celebration” on October 20th during the fellowship time.
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found on the bulletin board in the fellowship hall. We will meet on Sunday, November 17th at 6:30pm.
- Lost and Found: The Lost and Found table is set up by the East Auditorium. This is the last Sunday for lost items to be picked up.
- LBC Counseling Ministry : The Bible offers hope and healing for life’s most difficult problems and questions. LBC Counseling Ministry is available to help you walk through these times. If you would like to talk with a counselor, please fill out a confidential counseling request under the counseling tab on the LBC website. A counselor will contact you to set up an appointment.
The Lord’s Supper Service:
New Next Theme: He Alone Has the Words of Eternal Life – John 6:68
Praising God for Christ
Song: “How Great is Our God”
Song: “Behold Our God”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 107:21-31
Song: “10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “Even the Wind and Waves Obey Him” Mark 4:41
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Cornerstone”
“Return to the Decapolis – Mark 7:31-37 – Jonathon Newcome
The Great Decommission
The Final Analysis