- Prayer for Nation & Community: Sunday, October 20th, 8:00am – 8:45am in the cry room.
- Michael & Carol: Come join us for a “Send-off Celebration”, today during the fellowship time.
- Littleton Stride Race FYI: This race is scheduled for next Sunday, Oct 27th and parking is always scarce during this event. Please plan accordingly.
- Men’s Ministry: There will be a chili cook-off on Saturday, November 2nd, at 5:30pm.
- Childcare will be provided up to 12 years old. Dinner will be provided for the children. Please RSVP to Jon Newcome at 303-332-9812
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found on the bulletin board in the fellowship hall. We will meet on Sunday, November 17th, at 6:30pm.
- Guatemala Sewing Machine Project: Will you consider helping purchase treadle sewing machines for the Guatemala village women? This is a very sustainable way for them to provide for their families. Each sewing machine will cost $200. Make checks payable to LBC and earmark ‘sewing machines.’ For additional information, please see Chris Douglas in the foyer.
- Congratulations: To Dave and Sarah Bergman on the birth of their daughter, Parker Julia, born October 16th. Pray for the Bergman’s as they move to Idaho the end of October.
The Lord’s Supper Service
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Open the Eyes of My Heart”
Song: “Jesus Messiah”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 27
Song: “Here I am to Worship
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is the Light of the World “John 8:12
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus”
The Solution to Spiritual Dullness – Mark 8:11-21 – David Anderson
The Pharisees Are Blind (8:11-13)
The Disciples are Blind (8:14-21)
- Jesus is Sufficient, because Jesus is the Son of God.
- The Solution to Spiritual Dullness is Remembering.