- The LBC Counseling Ministry: ”Pathway to Purity” September 29th at 6:00pm.
- LBC Workday: There will be a workday on October 5th, from 8:00am-12:00pm. We’ll be planting trees, brushes, and spreading rock. Lunch will be provided. Please sign up in the foyer. Contact Sheryl Hazouri for additional information.
- Discipleship Class: If you are interested in learning about that discipleship is, how to disciple others or if you would yourself like to be discipled. Plan on attending this class on October 13th, at 6:30 pm. If possible, read “Discipling” by Mark Dever before the class.
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found in the fellowship hall. We will meet in the Preschool 2 room on Sunday, November 17th at 6:30pm.
- Choir: If you are interested in joining the choir, please contact Chris Good at email@example.com. Practices will begin September 26th, at 7:00pm in the East Auditorium.
- Guatemala Team: If you are interested in joining the Guatemala mission trip, November 30th-December 8th, please contact Mike Douglas. There is limited space for this trip.
- Bahama Relief: If anyone wants to help the Christian brothers and sisters in the Bahamas, you may send donations to CMML (PO Box 13, Spring Lake, NJ 07762). CMML is well connected to the workers, evangelists, and churches in the Bahamas.
The Lord’s Supper Service:
Next Week’s Theme “He Came Not to Condemn, but to Save” John 3:17
Praising God for Christ
Song: “O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus”
Song: “Only a Holy God”
Scripture Reading: Nehemiah 9:17
Song: “His Mercy is More”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “Faithful and Just to Forgive” 1 John 1:9
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
“The Heart of the Matter” Mark 7:14-23 David Anderson | September 22, 2019
Are All Foods Clean? (7:14-19)
Three different options:
- Option 1—Jesus is replacing the Torah and the Oral Law with His new rules.
- Option 2—Jesus is not replacing the Law, but He is offering a new vantage point.
- Option 3—Jesus is not abolishing the law.
Are All Sins Internal? (7:20-23)