- Picnic, Praise and Pie Night: Come join us for a special evening of praise and fellowship, today at 5pm. Please bring your own picnic dinner and meet at the park across the street. Dessert will be provided after a time of worship and praise.
- Awana: Will be starting on September 11th. Registration will be open starting Aug. 18th. Contact David or Lisa Corbett if you have any questions.
- Fingerprinting: Will be offered August 18th and 25th between services in the small kitchen in the open Sunday School area. This is a requirement for working with Jr./ Sr. High, Sunday School, or Awana children.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: Sunday, August 18th, 8:00am – 8:45am in the cry room.
- Women’s Fall Bible Study: Time to sign-up for the Women’s Bible studies. Stop by the Women’s Ministries table in the foyer, 8/18, 8/25 and 9/1 to sign up.
- Daddy-Daughter Camp out: Will be September 20th-21st at the Scott Ranch. Come play games, sit by the fire, and fellowship. Dinner and breakfast are included. The cost is $10.00 per dad and $5.00 per daughter. Contact Krister Sorensen at Krister.email@example.com for more details and to sign up. Deadline to sign up is September 8th.
- Lakewood Matching Grant: The matching grant of $25,000 has been extended to October.
The Lord’s Supper Service:
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Grace Greater Than Our Sin”
Song: “Behold the Lamb”
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 17:5-10
Song: “Before the Throne of God Above”
Confessing Our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Greater Than Our Hearts” 1 John 3:20
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “I Stand Amazed”
“Joyful Contentment” Psalm 16 | David Anderson | August 11, 2019
Next Week Theme: His Flesh and Blood – Our Confidence in the New Covenant
The Lord my Good. (1-2),
“A Miktam of David. 1Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”
The Lord is my Protector (3-4)
“As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight. The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips.”
The Lord is my Inheritance (5-6)
“The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.”
The Lord is my Teacher (7-8)
“I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also, my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.”
The Lord is my Security (9-10)
“Therefore, my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,or let your holy one see corruption.”
The Lord is my Joy (9-11)
“Therefore, my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,or let your holy one see corruption. 11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”