- Women’s Ministry Event: Join us for a Women’s Ministry “Meet and Greet” on Wednesday, July 31st at 6:30pm at Anna Edwards’ home (4375 Iron Horse Trail, Sedalia).
- First Aid/ CPR class: This class is for all ushers and anyone else who is interested on August 4th, at 1:00pm. Please contact Bill Scott for additional information and to sign-up.
- Picnic, Praise and Pie Night: Come join us for a special evening of praise and fellowship, August 11th, at 5pm. Please bring your own picnic dinner and meet at the park across the street. Dessert will be provided after a time of worship and praise.
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found in the fellowship hall. We will meet upstairs in the overflow room on Sunday, August 18th at 6:30pm for fellowship and discussion. Please come join us!
- Camp Elim: Camp is short-handed, August 3rd-11th. If you can help even for one or two days, please call camp (719-687-2030).
The Lord’s Supper Service:
Praising God for Christ
Song: “God Is for Us”
Song: “How Firm A Foundation”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 136
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Will Never Leave Us or Forsake Us” Hebrews 13:5
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me”
“Lament: The Language of Painful Prayers” Psalm 13 – David Anderson | July 21, 2019
- The Pain: “How long, O Lord?” (13:1-2)
- Learning to Lament
- The Prayer: “Consider and answer me, O Lord my God…” (13:3-4)
- Learning to Request
- The Praise: “I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.” (13:5-6)
Application: Learning to Praise