- LBC Counseling Ministry: The LBC Counseling Ministry will be hosting a class on “Teens and Social Media” on Sunday, July 14th, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Come learn about the issues and challenges we face with technology/social media and its effects on youth (and the rest of us) in our church.
- The New People’s Class: Sunday, July 21st, at 9:00am in the fireside area. The class will give a summary of our beliefs, distinctives, and ministries. A light breakfast will be served.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: Sunday, July 21st, 8:00am – 8:45am in the cry room.
- Women’s Ministry Event: Join us for a Women’s Ministry “Meet and Greet” on Wednesday, July 31st at 6:30pm at Anna Edwards’ home (4375 Iron Horse Trail, Sedalia).
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found in the fellowship hall. We will meet upstairs in the overflow room on Sunday, August 18th at 6:30pm for fellowship and discussion. Please come join us!
The Lord’s Supper Service
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Your Grace Is Enough”
Song: “The Love of God”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 100
Song: “He Will Hold Me Fast”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Faithful” 2 Tim. 2:13
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “O Praise the Name”
“Man’s Words < God’s Words” Psalm 12 David Anderson | July 14, 2019
- The Deceptive and Destructive Lies of the World (12:1-4)
- Lying— “Everyone utters lies to his neighbor…” (v.2)
- Flattery— “…with flattering lips…” (v.2)
- Deception— “and a double heart they speak.” (v.3)
- Boasting— “…those who say, ‘With our tongue we will prevail, our
lips are with us; who is master over us?” (vv.3-4)
- Examples of false words and deception in the Old Testament:
- Examples of false words and deception in the New Testament:
- Examples of false words and deception today.
- The Trustworthy and Saving Words of God (12: 5–8).
Prioritize God’s Words over Man’s Words.
Meditate on the Words of God.
Develop a Proper Theology of the Bible.