- Brown’s Open House/Presentation: There will be an Open House/Presentation on June 15th at Dan and Wendy Graumann’s house. The Open House will be from 1:00pm to 4:00pm and the presentation will be from 2:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: Sunday, June 16th, from 8:00am to 8:45am in the cry room.
- Dodd’s Memorial: There will be a memorial for Kenneth Dodds, son of Stan & Elaine Dodds, on Monday, June 17th at 2:00pm.
- Men’s Annual Backpacking trip: To Upper Cataract Lake in Eagles Nest Wilderness, July 19th-21st. Come hike, fish, climb, and fellowship. The group is limited to 15 men. Contact Krister Sorensen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to sign up.
- 4th of July Picnic: Mark your calendars for the annual 4th of July picnic, which will be held at Gallup Park from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Sign-up sheets for helping will be in the foyer June 16th, June 23rd and June 30th.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Praising God for Christ
Song: “The Solid Rock”
Song: “Your Mercy Flows”
Scripture Reading: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Song: “Before the Throne of God Above”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is the Final Judge” 2 Corinthians 5:10
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “My Faith has Found a Resting Place”
“Training of the Twelve” Mark 6:30-44 Alex Strauch | June 9, 2019
1. Learn to Take Time to Rest (Mark 6:30-32).
(a) “Come away by yourselves.”
(b) “Come away to a desolate place.”
(c) “Rest awhile.”
2. Learn to Be a Compassionate Shepherd (Mk. 6:32-34).
3. Learn to Depend on Christ’s Power and Strength for Ministry:
The Miracle of Feeding of the 5000 (Mark 6:35-44).
(1) This Miracle Displays Jesus’ Messianic Greatness.
(2) This Miracle was Meant to Test Their Faith in Christ.
(3) This Miracle is Meant to Teach Dependence on Christ’s Boundless Resources for Ministry.
(4) This Miracle is Meant to Connect Jesus to Moses and God’s Miraculous Provisions in the Wilderness. (5) This Miracle is Meant to Show that the Same One who Fed the 5000, Fed Israel in the OT (Luke 24:25, 27).