- 4th of July Picnic: The annual 4th of July picnic will be held at Gallup Park from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Sign-up sheets for helping will be in the foyer today.
- 4th of July Volleyball Tournament: The tournament begins at 11:00am. Teams need to be signed up by 10:45am. If anyone doesn’t have a team but would like to play, there will be a “free agents” list that allows for teams to pick up players.
- LBC Counseling Ministry: The LBC Counseling Ministry will be hosting a class on “Teens and Social Media”, on Sunday, July 14th, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Come learn about the issues and challenges we face with technology/social media and its effects on youth (and the rest of us) in our church.
- The New People’s Class: Sunday, July 21st, at 9:00am in the fireside area. The class will give a summary of our beliefs, distinctives, and ministries. A light breakfast will be served.
- Ladies Book Group: Information on our new book selection can be found in the fellowship hall. We will meet upstairs in the overflow room on Sunday, August 18th at 6:30pm for fellowship and discussion. Please come join us!
The Lord’s Supper Service
Praising God for Christ
Song: “He is Exalted”
Song: “The Lord is My Salvation”
Scripture Reading: Hosea 14:1-4
Song: “How Deep the Father’s Love for Us”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Our Righteousness” Romans 1:16-17
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Come, Lord Jesus (Even So Come)”
“The Authority of Jesus in the Secular Age” Mark 1-6 David Anderson | June 30, 2019
#1—Jesus is the Son of God.
#2—Jesus, the Son of God, is the fulfillment of biblical prophecy.
#3—Jesus, the Son of God, has the delight and pleasure of the Father.
#4—Jesus, the Son of God, is single-minded about proclaiming the Gospel.
#5—Jesus, the Son of God, called and made disciples.
#6—Jesus, the Son of God, has all authority.
- Authority over spiritual darkness.
- Authority over the body.
- Authority over the death.
- Authority over the nature.
- Authority in His teaching.
#7—Jesus, the Son of God, is rejected by the people He came to save.