- Men’s Annual Backpacking trip: To Upper Cataract Lake in Eagles Nest Wilderness, July 19th-21st. Come hike, fish, climb, and fellowship. The group is limited to 15 men. Contact Krister Sorensen at email@example.com for more details and to sign up.
- 4th of July Picnic: The annual 4th of July picnic will be held at Gallup Park from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Sign-up sheets for helping will be in the foyer today, and June 30th.
- LBC Counseling Ministry: The LBC Counseling ministry will be hosting a class on “Teens and Social Media”, on Sunday, July 14th, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. This class will education parents about different types of social media.
The Lord’s Supper Service
Next Week’s Theme: “He is Our Righteousness” Romans 1:16-17
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Come Christians Join to Sing”
Song: “Once Again”
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 6:1-6
Song: “Lamb of God Our Souls Adore Thee”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “We Have Seen His Glory” John 1:14
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “At the Cross”
“Treading the Waves Redux” Mark 6:45-52 Tom Sorensen | June 23, 2019
1. Mark’s pattern that juxtaposes Jesus’ human frailty and his Divinity
is repeated here a fourth time.
2. Old Testament Theophanies: Treading the sea is an Old Testament
claim for the Sovereignty of Yahweh, as is feeding Israel in the
3. “He meant to pass by them”-borrowed Old Testament language for
God revealing his transcendent glory to Israel.
4.“For they all saw him and were terrified”-A missed opportunity.