MAY 19TH BULLETIN
- Directory Updates: Pictures will be taken today between services on the grassy area on the west side of the building.
- Ladies Book Group: Will be meeting tonight, 6:30pm-8:00pm in the Preschool 2 classroom.
- Fingerprinting: Will be offered today between services in the small kitchen in the open Sunday School area. This is a requirement for working with children.
- Church Workday: Come join the LBC workday, Saturday, June 8th, 8:00am – 4:00pm. The projects include: Landscaping, shed construction and other outside projects. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please sign up in the foyer today, May 26th or June 2nd.
- Men’s Annual Backpacking trip: To Upper Cataract Lake in Eagles Nest Wilderness, July 19th-21st. Come hike, fish, climb, and fellowship. The group is limited to 15 men. Contact Krister Sorensen at krister.sorensen@gmail for more details and to sign up.
- May Special Offering: Camp Elim “Send A Child to Camp.” Designate your checks accordingly, or you can give online by selecting “Camp Elim Campership Fund”
- Sunday School Grade Changes: 5th graders move up to Jr. High, Sunday, June 2nd. All other classes will move up September 8th.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Nest Week Theme: “ He Gives Us a New Song” – Revelation 5:9-10
Praising God for Christ
Song: “You are My All in All”
Song: “O Praise the Name”
Scripture Reading: Psalm 26
Song: “I Will Wait for You”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Has Been Vindicated” 1 Timothy 3:16
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements and Prayer
Spotlight: High School Guatemala Team
“The Hideous Sin of Unbelief” Mark 6:1-6 David Anderson | May 19, 2019
- The Hometown Ministry (6:1-2a) “He went away from there and came to his hometown, and his disciples followed him. 2 And on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue…”
- The Hometown Astonishment (6:2b-3b) “…and many who heard him were astonished, saying, “Where did this man get these things? What is the wisdom given to him? How are such mighty works done by his hands? 3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?”
- The Hometown Offense (6:3c) “And they took offense at him…”
- The Hometown Indictment (6:4) “And Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor, except in his hometown and among his relatives and in his own household.”
- The Hometown Result (6:5-6) “And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And he marveled because of their unbelief. And he went about among the villages teaching.”
- Application: The Hideous Sin of Unbelief
Unbelief is denounced by Christ.
Unbelief is different than doubt.
Unbelief is stubbornness.