- Meal Ministry:The next batch cook date is Friday, June 7th, from 8:30am-12:00pm. We will be meeting to prepare freezer meals to keep on hand as church needs arise. It is a fun time of fellowship and ministry. Space is limited, so please sign up with Lea or Amanda Stage.
- Church Workday: Come join the LBC workday on Saturday, June 8th, from 8:00am – 4:00pm. The projects include: Landscaping, parking lot repair, and other outside projects. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please sign up in the foyer today.
- Men’s Annual Backpacking trip: To Upper Cataract Lake in Eagles Nest Wilderness, July 19th-21st. Come hike, fish, climb, and fellowship. The group is limited to 15 men. Contact Krister Sorensen
LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week’s Theme: “Hs is the Final Judge” 2 Corinthians 5:10
Praising God for Christ
Song: “10,000 Reasons”
Song: “As the Deer”
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 8:1-11
Song: “Be Thou My Vision”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is the Wisdom of God” 1 Corinthians 1:30
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Salvation Belongs to Our God”
“The Life and Legacy of John the Baptist” Mark 6:14-29 David Anderson | June 2, 2019
- Explanation of the text:
- The Life and Legacy of King Herod
King Herod feared people more than he feared God.
King Herod killed his conscience
King Herod illustrates the natural hostility to God’s message of repentance.
- The Life and Legacy of John the Baptist
John the Baptist feared God more than man.
John lived to be forgotten.
John the Baptist spoke up to political leaders of his day.
John the Baptist spoke to the political issues of the day.
John the Baptist illustrate the cost of discipleship.