- Children’s Choir Preschool 4 – 5th Graders interested in singing during the teaching service on Mother’s Day, please meet in the East Auditorium between services TODAY.
- All Church Meeting There will be an all- church meeting on April 14th, at 6:00pm.
- Good Friday Service Orchard Bible Church will be hosting a Good Friday service on April 19th at 6:30pm.
- Easter: Work Day Saturday, April 20th, from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Alternative Pregnancy “Baby Shower” A table will be in the foyer on May 5th and 12th for baby item donations.
- Mother’s Day Baby Dedications: For all new moms and their babies will be on May 12th during the worship service. Contact office to sign up – deadline May 5th.
- Marriage Culinary Boot Camp & Marriage Panel Discussion Saturday, May 18th, there will be three culinary demonstrations from 4:00pm to 5:15pm and a marriage panel discussion from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. For additional information contact Greg Bloom.
- King Soopers Card There have been changes made to the King Soopers reward program. Contact Mike Spivey for further details.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Praising God for Christ
Song: “I Will Sing of My Redeemer”
Song: “Praise Him, Praise Him”
Scripture Reading: Ruth 4:13-15
Song: “There is a Redeemer”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Our Redeemer” Galatians 4:4-6
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “To God Be the Glory”
“The School of Sovereignty and Storms” Mark 4:35-41 | April 14th, 2019 | David Anderson
Scene One: The Crisis (4:35-38)
The Crowd (4:35-36) “On that day, when evening had come, He said to them, ‘Let us go across to the other side.’ And leaving the crowd, they took Him with them in the boat, just as He was. And other boats were with Him.”
The Crisis (4:37) “And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling.”
The Cushion (4:38a) “But He was in the stern, asleep on the cushion…”
The Cry (4:38b) “And they woke Him and said to Him, ‘Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?’”
Scene Two: The Rebukes (4:39-40)
Jesus Rebukes the Wind (4:39) “And He awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, ‘Peace! Be still!’ And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”
Jesus Rebukes the Disciples (4:40) “He said to them, ‘Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?’”
Scene Three: The Reaction (4:41)