- The LBC Counseling Ministry: Will be hosting a class on March 10th, from 6:00-7:30pm titled “How to Minister to People Who are Grieving or Suffering”. Believers often feel compelled to help but are not always equipped. This class will include a panel of both people who have experienced loss, physical illness, and chronic pain, as well as those who have experience in coming alongside them.
- Ladies Book Club: There is information about our new book selection on the LBC Information Board in the fellowship area. We will meet upstairs in the overflow room on Sunday, March 17th, at 6:30pm for fellowship and discussion. Please join us!
- The New People’s Class: Sunday, March 17th, at 9:00am in the fireside area. The class will give a summary of our beliefs, distinctives, and ministries. A light breakfast will be served.
- Ted Travis Concert: Mark your calendars for March 31, 2019 at 7:00pm for a concert by Ted Travis.
- Upcoming Baptism: There will be a baptism in the coming weeks. If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus who has not been baptized and would like to be, please contact the office (email@example.com or 303-798-1030).
- Lost and Found: The Lost and Found table is set up by the East Auditorium. Please come get your lost items.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “Look Upon Him for Salvation” – John 2:23-3:6
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Lord Most High”
Song: “Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus”
Scripture Reading: Numbers 13:30-32
Song: “Reign in Us”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Calls Us to Trust and Obey” Luke 12:4-7
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “There Is A Fountain”
“Weddings and Wineskins” Mark 2:18-22 / David Anderson / March 3, 2019
Weddings: The Joy of the Kingdom (2:18-20)
Wineskins: The Newness of the Kingdom (2:21-22).
Options for interpretation:
Jesus is teaching that Christianity is incompatible with Judaism.
Jesus is replacing the Traditions, not the Torah.
Jesus is explaining His choice of disciples and their pliability to His teaching.
#1—As disciples of Christ, we need to be willing to bend to Christ’s Word and will.
#2—We need to be willing to reform from our traditions when necessary.
#3—We need to see the inherent advantage of teaching new wineskins.