- Ted Travis Concert: Tonight at 7:00pm. There will be a light snack following the concert.
- The LBC Counseling Ministry: Will be hosting a class on Sunday, April 7th, 6:00-7:30pm titled “Ministering to Those Touched by Divorce”. Divorce is a sad reality in our world today and one that grieves the Lord. We want to be equipped to support and help those in our lives that have been impacted by it. We will hear from a panel of people whose lives have been personally touched by divorce and what the Lord has taught them through it.
- All Church Meeting: There will be an all church meeting on April 14th, at 6:00pm.
- Good Friday Service: Orchard Bible Church will be hosting a Good Friday service on April 19th at 6:30pm.
- Easter: There are several jobs we need help with for Easter Sunday. Please sign up in the foyer.
Work Day: Saturday, April 20th, from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Pancake Breakfast help: Pancake flipper/Serving Line/Kitchen Help. There will be two shifts: 7:30-9:00am and 9:00 – 11:00am.
Clean-up at 11:00am.
Children’s Program at 9:00am.
- Easter Sunday: April 21st!
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “His Grace is Greater Than Our Sin” Romans 5:20-21
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms”
Song: “You Never Let Go”
Scripture Reading: Joshua 20:1-9
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Our Refuge” Romans 8:33-34
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “A Mighty Fortress is Our God”
The Mystery of the Kingdom and the Four Soils / Mark 4:1-20 / Alex Strauch / March 31, 2019
I. The Official Rejection of Israel’s Messiah, the Son of God (Mark 3:22-30)
II. The Creation of the New Family of God (Mark 3:31-35)
III. The New Age and the Secret/Mystery of the Kingdom of God (Mark 4:1-20)
IV. The Age of Sowing Seed, the Word of God, the Gospel Message (Mark 4:3-9)
V. Teaching by Means of the Parables (Mark 4:10-13)
VI. The Parable of the Four Soils Explained (Mark 4:14-20)
- The Hard Soil, Inhospitable Soil (Mark 4:15)
- The Shallow Soil, Rocky Ground (Mark 4:16-17)
- The Thorn Infested Soil, Preoccupied Soil (Mark 4:18-19)
- The Good Soil (Mark 4:20)