- Ladies Book Club: We will meet upstairs in the overflow room TONIGHT at 6:30pm.
- Ted Travis Concert: March 31st, at 7:00pm.
- The LBC Counseling Ministry: Will be hosting a class on Sunday, April 7th, 6:00-7:30pm titled “Ministering to Those Touched by Divorce”. Divorce is a sad reality in our world today and one that grieves the Lord. We want to be equipped to support and help those in our lives that have been impacted by it. We will hear from a panel of people whose lives have been personally touched by divorce and what the Lord has taught them through it.”
- All Church Meeting: There will be an all church meeting on April 14th, at 6:00pm. More details to follow.
- Easter: There are several jobs we need help with for Easter Sunday. Please sign up in the foyer.
- Work Day: Saturday, April 20th from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Pancake Breakfast help: Pancake flipper / Serving line /Kitchen help. There will be two shifts: 7:30-9:00am and 9:00-11:00am.
- Clean-up at 11:00am
- Children’s Program at 9:00am
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “We Should Remember Him” Luke 22:19-20
Praising God for Christ
Song: “He is Exalted”
Song: “O Church Arise”
Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 9:1-6
Song: “The Lord is My Salvation”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Gives the Victory” 1 John 5:3-5
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “In Christ Alone”
“The Twelve” Mark 3:7-19 David Anderson | March 17, 2019
The Crowds of Christ (3:7-12).
The Crowds: “Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the sea, and a great crowd followed, from Galilee and Judea and Jerusalem and Idumea and from beyond the Jordan and from around Tyre and Sidon. When the great crowd heard all that he was doing, they came to him. And he told his disciples to have a boat ready for him because of the crowd, lest they crush him…”
The Healing: “…for he had healed many, so that all who had diseases pressed around him to touch him.”
The Secret. “And whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, “You are the Son of God.” And he strictly ordered them not to make him known.”
The Apostles of Christ (3:13-19)
The Calling: “And he went up on the mountain and called to him those whom he desired, and they came to him.”
The Appointing: “And he appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles)”
The Training: “so that they might be with him”
The Preaching: “…and he might send them out to preach…”
The Authority: “…and have authority to cast out demons….”
The Names: “He appointed the twelve: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter); James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James (to whom he gave the name Boanerges, that is, Sons of Thunder); Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.”
The Betrayer: “…and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.”