- Women’s Ministry: Wednesday night Bible study on Nehemiah starts on February 6th. Contact the office or Dianne Moyers to pick up your book. The cost of the book is $12.00.
- Men’s Ministry: Men’s Bible study and discussion group will be meeting every other Thursday, starting on February 7th, from 7:00pm-9:00pm. Our Spring curriculum is Biblical Masculinity. Cal Wilson, Eric Anderson and David Bartlett will be facilitating the discussion. For additional information contact Eric Anderson.
- Women’s Ministry Craft Event: Saturday, February 9th, from 9:30am – 12:00pm. Please sign up in the foyer if you are interested in attending.
- Counseling Ministry: The LBC Counseling Ministry will be hosting a one-night class for those struggling with anxiety and fear or know someone who is. The class will be held on February 10th, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. No childcare will be provided.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: Sunday, February 17th, from 8:00am to 8:45am in the East Auditorium.
- Counseling Ministry: The Bible offers hope and healing for life’s most difficult problems and questions. LBC Counseling Ministry is available to help you walk through these times. If you would like to talk with a counselor, please fill out a confidential counseling request under the counseling tab on the LBC website. A counselor will contact you to set up an appointment.
- Nursery: The nursery needs a helper for the 3rd Sunday of the month during the teaching service. If you are interested, please contact Cindy Harrison (303-798-1030).
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “He is Our Rest in the Wilderness” Hebrews 4:1
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Hallelujah for the Cross”
Song: “Pass Me Not”
Scripture Reading – Job 38:1-7
Song: “How Great is Our God”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “Humble Yourself Before the Lord” 1 Peter 5:6
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Your Grace is Enough”
“Deliver Us From Evil” Mark 1:21-28 David Anderson | February 3, 2019
Teaching and Authority (1:21–22),
- “And they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath he entered the synagogue and was teaching. And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes.”
Confrontation and Authority (1:23–24)
- “And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.”
Power and Authority (1:25–26)
- “But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him.”
Amazement and Authority (1:27-28)
- “And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him.” And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee.”