- Women’s Ministry: Wednesday night Bible Study on Nehemiah starts on February 6th. Contact the office or Dianne Moyers to pick up your book. The cost of the book is $12.00.
- Men’s Ministry: Men’s Bible study and discussion group will be meeting every other Thursday, starting on February 7th, from 7:00pm-9:00pm. Our Spring curriculum is Biblical Masculinity. Cal Wilson, Eric Anderson and David Bartlett will be facilitating the discussion. For additional information contact Eric Anderson.
- Women’s Ministry Craft Event: Saturday, February 9th, from 9:30am – 12:00pm. Please sign up in the foyer if you are interested in attending.
- Counseling Ministry
- The LBC Counseling Ministry will be hosting a one-night class for those struggling with anxiety and fear, or know someone who is. The class will be held on February 10th, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. No childcare will be provided.
- Home Groups: If you are interested in getting involved in a home group, please contact Tim Oddo (303-233-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Books are available to pick up in the foyer.
- Discipleship Ministry: If you would like to be discipled or disciple someone, contact Greg Bloom (303-470-8883 or email@example.com).
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “He is Worthy of More Honor Than Moses” Hebrews 3:3
Praising God for Christ
Song: “It is Well with My Soul”
Scripture Reading – Genesis 50:19-21
Song: “Here I am to Worship”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Sovereign Over Suffering” Heb. 8:28
Public Confession and Need for Christ
Give Thanks for the Bread
Thanking God for Christ
Taking the Bread
Giving Thanks / Taking the Cup
Open Time of Thanksgiving to the Lord
Response to Worship / Offering Prayer
Applying the Gospel
Announcements, Prayer, and Spotlight
Closing Song: “Jesus Thank You”
“And Jesus said, “Follow Me!” Mark 1:14-20 | David Anderson | January 27, 2019
The Introduction and Content of the Gospel (1:14-15)
- “Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
The Calling of the First Disciples (1:16-20)
- “Passing alongside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew the brother of Simon casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. And Jesus said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men.” And immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on a little farther, he saw James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, who were in their boat mending the nets. And immediately he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants and followed him”
Application: What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus?
- Becoming a disciple means leaving some things behind.
- Becoming a disciple means you are part of a community of disciples.
- Becoming a disciple means you catch others.
- Becoming a disciple means you imitate your Rabbi.