- Women’s Spring Bible Study: Time to sign up for the Women’s Bibles studies. Stop by the Women’s Ministries table in the foyer either today, or January 6th to sign up.
- December Special Offering Options: Lakewood Bible Chapel and LBC Building projects. Please designate your checks accordingly.
- Home Groups:
- If you are interested in getting involved in a home group, please contact Tim Oddo (303-233-4500 or email@example.com)
- Nursery: The nursery needs 1 helper for the 3rd Sunday of the month during the teaching service. If you are interested, please contact Cindy Harrison.
- LBC 2019 Bible reading program: Read the Scriptures in chronological order to see the interconnectedness of events and gain a greater understanding of Salvation history. Many options are available! Read in your current Bible, in a specialty Bible, or via (free) device app. Free trifold check-off reading plans will be available in the foyer. The “NLT One Year Chronological Bible” can be purchased at your favorite bookseller. The church also has 10 copies for sale at cost. On an Apple device: Download the “You Version” Bible app in your app store. Open the app and select “plans” at the bottom of the homepage Select “discover” and in the search bar type “The One Year Chronological Bible” Please see Damon Stage if you would like more information.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “He Created All Things” Colossians 1:16
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Sing the Wondrous Love of Jesus”
Song: “10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)”
Song: “How Great Thou Art”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Will Make All Things New” Rev. 21:5
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Spotlight: Brown’s South Asia vision trip
Closing Song: “Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us”
“Don’t Starve Your Soul” 3 Timothy 3:13-17 David Anderson | December 30, 2018
Reading the Bible is a protection (3:13-14).
Reading the Bible takes perseverance (3:14).
Reading the Bible is profitable (3:15-17).
Practical Ideas and Suggestions For Bible Reading:
- Don’t neglect Bible reading.
- Develop a plan for regular Bible reading.
- Create a place and time for Bible Reading.
- Read, study, and meditate on the Bible.
- Use your Bible reading to add to your prayers.
- Try Bible reading projects.
- Use technology for your Bible reading.
- Participate in a group Bible-reading program.
- Be doers of the Word, not just readers.
- If you can, include your family in your Bible reading.
Warnings Related to Bible Reading:
- Remember that Satan hates this book.
- Take an inventory of what keeps you from Bible reading.
- Don’t forget you are saved by God’s grace, not your Bible reading.