- Women’s Spring Bible Study: Time to sign up for the Women’s Bibles studies. Stop by the Women’s Ministries table in the foyer either December 30th, or January 6th to sign up.
- Christmas Eve Services: Please join us for Christmas music and a message. There will be two services: 2:00-3:00pm and 4:00-5:00pm. Childcare will not be provided. All ages are welcome to join the service.
- December Special Offering Options: Lakewood Bible Chapel and LBC Building projects. Please designate your checks accordingly.
- Home Groups: If you are interested in getting involved in a home group, please contact Tim Oddo (303-233-4500 or email@example.com)
- Nursery: The nursery needs 1 helper for the 3rd Sunday of the month during the teaching service. If you are interested, please contact Cindy Harrison.
- LBC 2019 Bible reading program: Read the Scriptures in chronological order to see the interconnectedness of events and gain a greater understanding of Salvation history. Many options are available! Read in your current Bible, in a specialty Bible, or via (free) device app. Free trifold check-off reading plans will be available in the foyer. The “NLT One Year Chronological Bible” can be purchased at your favorite bookseller. The church also has 10 copies for sale at cost. On an Apple device: Download the “You Version” Bible app in your app store. Open the app and select “plans” at the bottom of the homepage. Select “discover” and in the search bar type “The One Year Chronological Bible”. Please see Damon Stage if you would like more information.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE
Next Week: “He Will Make All Things New” Revelation 21:5
Praising God for Christ
Song: “What a Glorious Night”
Song: “Come Thou Long Expected Jesus”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “The Word Became Flesh” John 1:14
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Song: “Breath of Heaven (Mary’s Song)”
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Spotlight: Guatemala Team
“10 Reasons to Celebrate Christmas” David Anderson | December 23, 2018
Reason #1- We Celebrate because it’s good news.
Reason #2- We Celebrate because Jesus is the Lord and King.
Reason #3- We celebrate because Jesus is Savior and Redeemer.
Reason #4- We celebrate because God is with us.
Reason #5- We celebrate because God is faithful.
Reason #6- We celebrate because we have been given a gift.
Reason #7- We celebrate because our sins are forgiven.
Reason #8- We celebrate because we no longer need to fear.
Reason #9- We celebrate because Jesus brings glory to God.
Reason # 10- We celebrate because…