- LBC Counseling Ministry:“Responding to Abuse” class, TONIGHT from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Women’s Ministries Event: Please sign up in the foyer if you’d like to volunteer at the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center on Friday, December 7th, from 9:00am-12:00pm. There will be a carpool from LBC leaving at 8:30am.
- Christmas Concert: Come join us for a concert by “Bold Reflection” on December 16th at 6:00pm.
- Bridal Shower: For Corrie Stark, Monday, December 17th. In lieu of gifts ,there will be a money tree or gift cards are welcome.
- Christmas Eve Services: Please join us for Christmas music and a message. There will be two services: 2:00-3:00pm and 4:00-5:00pm. Childcare will not be provided. All ages are welcome to join the service.
- December Special Offering Options: Lakewood Bible Chapel and LBC Building projects. Please designate your checks accordingly.
- Camp Elim: Membership Sign-up forms are available in the foyer. Forms must be returned to Camp Elim by December 10th.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Next Week: “He Offers an Eternal Covenant” Hebrews 13:20
Praising God for Christ
Song: “You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)”
Song: “Worthy is the Lamb”
Song: “Build My Life”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Worthy of Our Praise” Hebrews 13:15
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Announcements and Prayer
“The More Excellent Way of Love, and What it is” 1 Cor. 12:31-13:7 Alex Strauch | December 2, 2018
- Love suffers patiently with people and the wrongs they inflict.
- Love treats people with kindness.
- Love is not jealous; love delights in the betterment of others.
- Love does not brag; love promotes others.
- Love is not arrogant; love is humble.
- Love does not act inappropriately toward others; love promotes proper decorum.
- Love is not selfish; love promotes self-giving and self-sacrifice.
- Love is not easily provoked to anger; love is calm and slow to anger.
- Love does not keep records of wrongs suffered; love forgives.
- Love does not delight in wrongdoing;
- (11. Love rejoices with the truth.)
- Love bears all things.
- Love believes all things.
- Love hopes all things.
- Love endures all things.