- Picnic, Praise and Pie Night: Come join us for a special evening of praise and fellowship, TONIGHT at 5pm. Families bring their own picnic dinner and meet at the park across the street. Dessert will be provided after a time of praise.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: August 19th from 8:15am – 8:45am in the counseling room.
- Women’s Fall Bible Study: Time to sign-up for the Women’s Bible studies starting in September. Stop by the Women’s Ministries table in the foyer, 8/19, 8/26 and 9/2 to sign-up.
- Music Ministry: If you’re interested in plugging into the music ministry, then come to a brief meeting, August 26th in the E. Auditorium at 10:05am. There are many opportunities including choir, worship team, special music, A/V, etc.
- Daddy/Daughter Campout: September 7th-8th at the Scott Ranch. Come play games, sit by the fire, and fellowship. Dinner and breakfast included. $10.00 per dad and $5.00 per daughter. Contact Krister Sorensen at email@example.com for more details and to sign up.
- Sunday School :Classes will move up to the next grade level on September 9th.
- Home Groups: This fall we are excited to launch an entirely new home group ministry. As a church, we will be going through the book by Alex Strauch called “Love or Die: Christ’s Wake-up call for the Church”. The plan is to keep it simple. The commitment is just for the Fall, and you’d meet with people who live near you for a total of 4-5 times before the New Year. Stay tuned for more information.
- Nursery: Helpers are needed for the 2nd and 3rd week of each month during the Lord’s Supper service. Please contact Cindy Harrison (303-798-1030 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in helping.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Current Theme: “He has Opened up Access to the Holy Places” Hebrews 10:19
Next Week’s Theme: “He Gives Assurance” Hebrews 10:22
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Come Thou Fount”
Song: “Lead Me to Calvary”
Song: “You Alone Can Rescue”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He has Opened up Access to the Holy Places” Hebrews 10:19
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Song: “Holy Holy Holy”
“A Psalm of Agony” | Psalm 6 David Anderson | August 12, 2018
The Lament of Agony (6:1-7)
The Agony of Divine Discipline (6:1)
The Agony of Exhaustion (6:2a-7)
The Agony of Anxiety (6:3)
The Agony of (the feeling of) Abandonment (6:4)
The Agony of Insomnia (6:6)
The Agony of Physical Sickness (6:2b,7)
The Prayer of Hope and Confidence in the Lord (6:8-10)