July 8th BULLETIN UPDATE
- Prayer for Nation & Community: July 15th from 8:00 – 8:45am in the new Counseling room.
- The New Peoples Class: Sunday, July 15th at 9:00am by the fireside. Giving a summary of our beliefs, distinctives and ministries.
- Women’s Ministry Event: Paddle Boarding, Monday, July 16th at Aurora Reservoir. Contact Cindy Scott (303-808-3216) if you are interested.
- Ladies Book Group: Information on the new book selection can be found in the foyer. We’ll meet to discuss the book on July 29th at 6:30. All ladies welcome.
- Sunday School Helpers & Teachers: If you can help for the upcoming school year, please contact Marilee Lambert (303-770-5469)
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Current Theme: “He Sheds His Blood for the Forgiveness of Sins” Hebrews 9:22
Next Week’s Theme: “He was Offered Once to Bear the Sins for Many” Hebrews 9:28
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Man of Sorrows”
Song: “By His Blood”
Song: “Hallelujah, What a Savior”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Sheds His Blood for the Forgiveness of Sins” Hebrews 9:22
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Spotlight: Butler’s 40th Anniversary with YFC
SERMON NOTES: “Blessed is the person who delights in the law of the Lord” Psalms 1 David Anderson
- Introduction to the Psalms
- The Way of the Righteous: (1:1-13)
- What the Righteous don’t do (1:1), “Blessed is the man who walk not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, not sits in the seat of scoffers…”
- What the righteous do (1:2), “…but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.”
- Example: They are like a fruitful tree (1:3) ”He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.”
- The Way of the Wicked: (1:4-5)
- The wicked are not fruitful (1:4), “The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.”
- The wicked are unstable like chaff (1:5), “Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.”
- The Conclusion of it all: (1:6)
- The Lord watches over the righteous (1:6a), “for the Lord knows the way of the righteous”
- The Wicked will perish (1:6b), “but the way of the wicked will perish.”