- Ladies Book Group: Meets TONIGHT at 6:30pm in the preschool 2 room. Join us for discussion and dessert.
- Middle School & High School family day at Sloan’s Lake, August 4th (11:00am-3:00pm). For more information contact Steve Faulkner at email@example.com
- Lewis Report: Save the Date for a special update from Ben & Andrea Lewis, Tuesday, August 7th at Orchard Bible Church. Exotic deserts provided.
- Picnic and Praise Night: Come join us for a special evening of praise and fellowship, August 12th at 5pm. Families bring their own picnic dinner and meet at the park across the street. Dessert will be provided after the praise time.
- Sunday School Helpers & Teachers: If you can help for the upcoming school year, please contact Marilee Lambert (303-770-5469)
- Middle School & High School: Youth groups meets Sunday nights (6:00pm-8:00pm). Come join us.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Current Theme: “He is the Sanctifier” Hebrews 10:10
Next Week’s Theme: “He is finished with His Work” Hebrews 10:12
Praising God for Christ
Song: “Lamb of God”
Song: “O Mighty Cross”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is the Sanctifier” Hebrews 10:10
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Spotlight: Tim Stark – Mexico Churches
SERMON NOTES: “Joy in the Midst of Criticism” Psalm 4 David Anderson
- David’s Prayer: David cries out to the Lord is his distress. (4:1)
- Lesson – be honest with the LORD.
- David’s Criticism: David processes losing his reputation. (4:2-5)
- Lesson – Principles for Handling Criticism.
#1 – Criticism is part of life under the sun.
#2 – Commit yourself to Biblical Principles no matter.
#3 – Allow criticism to mature you into Christlikeness.
#4 – Be an Encourager!
- David’s Joy: David acknowledges that the LORD’s face is better than wine and food. (4:6-8)
- Lesson: God’s face is the ultimate blessing.