- King Soopers Reloadable Cards: You may purchase these in the foyer TODAY. The card is initially loaded with $50.00. 5% of the proceeds will go towards our deacon fund.
- Ladies Book Group: Meets TONIGHT at 6:30 pm in the Preschool 2 room. All ladies are welcome as we enjoy fellowship, coffee and treats.
- Women’s Ministry: Ladies and kids, come see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Museum of Nature and Science on Tuesday, June 5th. Details and sign up in the foyer.
- Camp Elim Dedication Day: This Saturday, June 9th. Celebrating the start of a new camp season and dedicating our summer staff to the Lord. We will also be recognizing Everett and Bryana Mansfield for the service over the past seven years! The day will start with activities for all ages at 10:00 am. At noon we’ll enjoy a BBQ lunch, then from 1:00 to 2:15 we’ll have our Dedication Service. There is no charge but an RSVP to email@example.com is appreciated.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: June 17th from 8:00 – 8:45 am in the east auditorium.
- 6th Annual Men’s Backpacking Trip: July 13-15 – trip to Willow Lake in the Sangre De Cristo Wilderness. Come hike, fish, climb, and fellowship! Group is limited to 15 men. Contact Krister Sorensen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to sign up.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Current Theme: “He Mediates a Better Covenant” Hebrews 8:6
Next Week’s Theme: “He Secured an Eternal Redemption” Hebrews 9:12
Praising God for Christ
Song: “As the Deer”
Song: “O Come to the Alter”
Song: “Lead Me to the Cross”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Mediates a Better Covenant” Hebrews 8:6
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Spotlight: Pam Isenhower
Song: “Be Thou My Vision”
SERMON NOTES: “The Great Prostitute and the Beast” | Revelation 17 David Anderson
- The Outline of Revelation:
- Explanation of the Great Prostitute and the Beast (Rev. 17)
- The Characteristics of the Beast:
#1 – The antichrist will be politically savvy.
#2 – The antichrist will have remarkable intelligence.
#3 – The antichrist will be a master communicator.
#4 – The antichrist will be a military wizard.
#5 – The antichrist will be an economic genius.
#6 – The antichrist will demand worship.
#7 – The antichrist will perform supernatural miracles.
#8 – The antichrist will change laws.
#9 – The antichrist will be decisively defeated and consumer.
- How then Should We Live?
#1 – The Lord’s People are to be Separate from the World.
#2 – The Lord’s People Need to be Discerning.
#3 – The Lord’s People Are Already Victorious.