- Prayer for Nation & Community: Next Sunday, June 17th from 8:00 – 8:45 am in the east auditorium.
- Dessert Social: Come join us on June 19th at 7:00pm for dessert and a ministry report from Abraham & Lizy George on their work in India.
- “Lakewood Bible Chapel” Church Plant Meeting: For those who are planning on attending the Lakewood church plant in September, please come to an informative meeting on Sunday, June 24th after the Lord’s Supper Service. Lunch will be provided! FYI – There will be another meeting later in the summer for those who are interested in this ministry, so stay tuned.
- 6th Annual Men’s Backpacking Trip: July 13-15 – trip to Willow Lake in the Sangre De Cristo Wilderness. Come hike, fish, climb, and fellowship! Group is limited to 15 men. Contact Krister Sorensen at email@example.com for more details and to sign up.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Current Theme: “He Secured an Eternal Redemption” Hebrews 9:12
Next Week’s Theme: “He Purifies our Conscience” Hebrews 9:14
Praising God for Christ
Song: “My Hope is in the Lord”
Song: “There is a Redeemer”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He Secured an Eternal Redemption” Hebrews 9:12
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Spotlight: South Asia Vision trip
Song: “I Sing the Mighty Power of God”
SERMON NOTES: “A Deal with the Devil” | Revelation 18 Damon Stage
- The Declaration of an authoritative Angel (vv. 1-3)
The pronouncement of Judgment – what will be there (vv. 1-2)
The purpose of Judgment (v. 3)
- The Demonstration of a mighty Angel (vv. 21-24)
The sights and sounds of Judgment – what will not be there (vv. 21-23a)
The purpose of Judgment (vv. 23b-24)
- The Call of the Christ (vv. 4-20)
To His Own (v. 4)
To the others (vv. 5-19)
To His own (v. 20)
Next Week Sermon: Revelation 19:1-5