- Prayer for Nation & Community: Next Sunday, May 20th from 8:00 – 8:45 am in the east auditorium.
- The New Peoples Class: Next Sunday at 9:00 am. Giving a summary of our beliefs, distinctives and ministries.
- Sunday School: Teacher Orientation for the summer teachers/helpers will be next Sunday during the teaching service in the lower gym.
- Fingerprinting: Will be offered next Sunday between services in the small kitchen in the open Sunday School area. This is a requirement for working with children.
- May Special Offering: Camp Elim “Send-A-Child to Camp” (around $400 per child for summer camp). Please designate your checks accordingly or you can give online and select “Camp Elim Campership Fund”.
- Ladies Book Group: Information on the new book selection can be found in the foyer. We’ll meet to discuss the book on June 3rd at 6:30 pm.
- Lost and Found: Please come pick up your lost items on the table outside the east auditorium.
- Pre-Engagement / Pre-Marital Counseling: For those who are seriously dating or engaged. Don’t wait, many issues can be addressed now! Sessions include Basic Communication, Roles of the Husband and Wife, Finances, and Sexual Oneness.
- Camp Elim: They need workers for High School varsity camp. Contact camp at 719-687-2030.
THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE:
Current Theme: “He is Exalted Above the Heavens” Hebrews 7:26
Next Week’s Theme: “He Offers Himself as a Sacrifice Once for All” Hebrews 7:27
Praising God for Christ
Song: “He is Exalted”
Song: “I Exalt Thee”
Confessing our Need for Christ
Theme: “He is Exalted About the Heavens” Hebrews 7:26
Public confession and promise of pardon
Thanking God for Christ
Give thanks for the bread
Give thanks for the cup
Applying the Gospel
Mothers Day Baby Dedication
Spotlight on Alternatives Pregnancy Center
Song: “All Hail the Power of Jesus Name” (11:25)
SERMON NOTES: “Lady Wisdom” | Proverbs 31:10-31 David Anderson
The Structure of Proverbs 31
- The high value of an excellent wife (v. 10) – (Doug O’Donnell)
- Her husband’s benefit (vv. 11-12)
- Her industrious work (vv. 13-19)
- Her doing kindness (v. 20)
- Fearless (of the Present) (v. 21a)
- Clothing her household and herself (vv. 21b-22)
- Her husband’s renowned respect (v. 23)
- Clothing herself and others (vv. 24-25a)
- Fearless (of the future) (v. 25b)
- Her teaching kindness (v. 26)
- Her industrious work (v. 27)
- Her husband’s (and children’s) praise (vv. 28-29)
- The high value of an excellent wife (vv. 30-31)
The Eight Marks of the Excellent Wife and Mother
#1 – She’s Valuable (v. 10)
#2 – She’s Trustworthy (v. 11)
#3 – She’s Helpful (v. 12)
#4 – She’s Industrious (vv. 13-19)
#5 – She’s Compassionate (v. 20)
#6 – She’s Fearless, Strong, and Dignified (v.21, 25)
#7 – She’s Committed to the needs of her family (v. 22, 27)
#8 – She Speaks Wisdom (v. 26)
The Final Verdict (vv. 28-31)
Lady Folly verses Lady Wisdom
Next Week Sermon: Revelation 15