- Ladies Crafting Night: TOMORROW at 6:30 pm.
- Widows Walk: Tues, Oct 10th at noon. Choir concert at St John’s Cathedral. Carpool at 10:30 (sack lunch). Contact Margarita 303-912-3773
- Prayer for Nation & Community: October 15th from 8:15 – 8:45 am in the east auditorium.
- Wills & Trusts Presentation: Monday, Oct 16th, from 7:00-8:30 pm, Rob Sullivan from Believers Stewardship Ministry.
- Evangelistic Movie Night: Join us Saturday, Oct 21st at 6:00 pm to watch a movie on the evidence for intelligent design in God’s Creation. Invite co-workers, friends, & neighbors. Free food/drinks will be provided.
- Ladies Book Group: Will meet Sunday, Oct 29th for fellowship, coffee & dessert. All the info on our new book can be found in the foyer.
- Women’s Conference: November 3rd-4th (includes Fri evening dessert and Sat morning brunch). Get tickets online.
- King Soopers Reloadable Cards: Purchase your new reloadable card at the table in the foyer TODAY. The card is initially loaded with $50. 5% of the proceeds will go towards our deacon fund.
- Upcoming Baptism: There will be a baptism coming soon! If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and have not been baptized, contact Kyle Fink.
- Babysitters: The office is trying to compile a list of people that would be willing to be called when there is a babysitting need for chapel events (babysitters will be paid). Please contact the office if you are interested.
WORSHIP SERVICE THEMES:
Current: “The Great Exchange” 2 Corinthians 5:21
Next Week: “God’s Grace Has Appeared” Titus 2:11
Next Week’s Sermon: Revelation 1:9-20
SERMON NOTES: “The Blessing of the Revelation” Series: Revelation David Anderson
The Introduction and Context
The Revelation (1:1a) “The revelation of Jesus Christ…”
The Timing (1:1b) “…which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place”
The Delivery(1:1c-2) “He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.”
The Blessing (1:3) “Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophesy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.”
The Author (1:4a) “John to the seven churches that are in Asia…”
The Salutation (1:4b-5a) “Grace to you and peace from his who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.”
The Worship (1:5b-6) “To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever, Amen.”
The Theme (1:7-8) “Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God. “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”