- Upcoming Baptism: There will be a baptism during the Worship Service on November 12th.
- Prayer for Nation & Community: November 19th from 8:15 – 8:45 am in the east auditorium.
- The New Peoples Class: Sunday, Nov 19th at 9:00 am. The class will give a summary of our beliefs, distinctives and ministries.
- Thanksgiving Eve Service: November 22nd from 6:30 – 7:30 pm, with fellowship until 8:00 (please bring a dessert). Babysitting provided up to 2 years old.
- Babysitters: The office is trying to compile a list of people that would be willing to be called when there is a babysitting need for chapel events (babysitters will be paid). Please contact the office if you are interested.
- King Soopers Reloadable Cards: Purchase your new reloadable card from the office. The card is initially loaded with $50. 5% of the proceeds will go towards our deacon fund.
- Kitchen Help: We are in need of kitchen help on Sundays from 10:00 to 10:30 am for cleanup. If you can help on a rotating basis, please contact the office.
- Local Evangelism Prayer: If you would like to get weekly prayer requests concerning local evangelistic efforts, please e-mail: email@example.com to be added to the list.
WORSHIP SERVICE THEMES:
Current: “While we were Still Helpless…Christ Died” Romans 5:6
Next Week: “Worthy was the Lamb that was Slain” Revelation 5:10
Next Week’s Sermon: Revelation 2:18-29
SERMON NOTES: “To the Church in Pergamum” Series: The Revelation of Jesus Christ Revelation 2:12-17 David Anderson
The City: “And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write”: (2:12)
The Christ: ‘The words of him who has the sharp two-edged sword “(2:12)
The Compliment: “ know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.” (2:13)
The Criticism: “But I have a few things against you; you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality. So also you have some who hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans” (2:14-15)
The Command: “Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of the mouth” (2:16)
The Commitment: “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.” (2:17)