- Ladies Book Group: Will meet TONIGHT for fellowship, coffee & dessert. The info on our book can be found in the foyer.
- Women’s Conference: November 3rd-4th (includes Fri evening dessert and Sat morning brunch). Get tickets online or at the table downstairs TODAY.
- Babysitters: The office is trying to compile a list of people that would be willing to be called when there is a babysitting need for chapel events (babysitters will be paid). Please contact the office if you are interested.
- Daylight Savings Time: Ends on November 5th! Plan to set your clocks BACK next Saturday evening!
- King Soopers Reloadable Cards: Purchase your new reloadable card from the office. The card is initially loaded with $50. 5% of the proceeds will go towards our deacon fund.
- Kitchen Help: We are in need of kitchen help on Sundays from 10:00 to 10:30 am for cleanup. If you can help on a rotating basis, please contact the office.
- Local Evangelism Prayer: If you would like to get weekly prayer requests concerning local evangelistic efforts, please e-mail: email@example.com to be added to the list.
WORSHIP SERVICE THEMES:
Current: “He Redeemed my Life from the Pit” Psalm 103
Next Week: “While we were Still Helpless…Christ Died” Romans 5:6
Next Week’s Sermon: Revelation 2:12-17
SERMON NOTES: “To the Church in Smyrna” Series: The Revelation of Jesus Christ Revelation 2:8-11 David Anderson
The City: “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write…” (2:8a)
The Christ: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.’ (2:8b)
The Compliment: ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.’ (2:9)
The Command: “Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (2:10)
The Commitment: “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.” (2:11)